Victoria BC Travel and Transportation Information
Travel to Victoria BC and Vancouver Island by BC Ferries and Washington State Ferries with year round schedules from mainland British Columbia and Washington state. Other areas served by BC Ferries include ports on Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands.
Air service includes scheduled flights by major airlines to Victoria International airport and other Vancouver Island locations. There is harbour to harbour helicopter and float plane service including chartered flights to various Island locations.
Victoria's year round climate is generally classified as marine west coast with mild, usually rainy winters and dry, mild summers. Summers are generally not hot, with the average high temperatures of 67°F, 19°C and low of 52°F, 11°C. The winters are the mildest in Canada with the average high temperatures of 47°F, 8°C and average low of 38°F, 4°C.
Highway and Ferry Services
Rail and Bus Services
Public Holidays In British Columbia
- New Years Day - January 1
- Family Day - 2nd Monday in February
- Good Friday - Friday before Easter
- Easter Sunday - after first full moon
- Victoria Day - 3rd Monday in May
- Canada Day - July 1
- BC Day - 1st Monday in August
- Labour Day - 1st Monday in September
- Thanksgiving - 2nd Monday in October
- Remembrance Day - November 11
- Christmas - December 25
- Boxing Day - December 26